Wednesday, March 16, 2011

primary colors

today was a swing and a miss. as i assembled this outfit, i thought to myself, ‘my how adult i will look with my wide-leg trousers.’ and when i looked in the mirror, i thought, ‘this looks pretty dang good.’
and then i looked at the photos, and i was disappointed. i really love these pants, but i think i have outgrown them. literally, not figuratively. they are beautiful and well-made, but i think i need a size up.



let me confess something: i hate heels. i do. i just feel uncomfortable. i have been on the lookout for a pair of heels that i enjoy for some time and the search continues, but until i find a pair of heels i can settle down and be monogamous with, i have these. my mother bought a pair for herself and a pair for me, and i have never worn them. i keep them for ‘just in case’ situations, like job interviews or a uniquely fetching shirt dress. i love these boots, and i think they are gorgeous, but i am very uncomfortable. am i doing something wrong?


the best part of this outfit is honestly the necklace. i love this necklace. the truth is that i originally bought it for mary for christmas, but i really loved it, so i kept it. sorry, mary.  

top: forever21
pants: express editor pants, $59.90
necklace: modcloth, $14.99
shoes: tahari via DSW, c/o my mom
bag: old navy, thrifted, $3

No comments:

Post a Comment